Heitman has formed and managed nearly 30 commingled fund portfolios since the 1980s. We manage both open- and closed-end commingled fund opportunities in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
- Heitman North American Core, Open-end Fund: Vehicle with the primary strategy of investing in stabilized properties across traditional and specialty property types.
- Heitman European Residential Investment Partners: Core/core-plus, closed-end European fund with the primary strategy of acquiring and managing rented residential assets in Western Europe, primarily within Germany and the Netherlands.
- Heitman North American Value-added, Closed-end Fund Series: Vehicle with the primary strategy of forming property-level joint ventures with public and private real estate operating companies to implement value-creation strategies using capital wisely, along with active management to enhance the investment returns.
- Heitman European Property Partners series: Value-added, closed-end European fund series with the primary strategy of implementing physical, financial, or operational value-creation strategies using capital wisely, along with active management to enhance the investment returns.
- Heitman Asia-Pacific Property Investors: Value-added, closed-end Asia-Pacific fund series with the primary strategy of forming property-level joint ventures with public and private real estate operating companies in the region to implement value-creation strategies using capital wisely, along with active management to enhance the investment returns.
Defined Contribution – CITs
Heitman can manage collective investment trusts, or CITs, for professional managers of defined contribution plans such as 401(k)s and other similar qualified retirement plans. CITs are transparent and operationally-friendly for defined contribution plans such as target date funds and real asset strategies. Heitman’s CITs provide a meaningful real estate allocation and the pursuit of improved retirement savings outcomes through stable income return and real asset diversification.
Our CITs trade via the National Securities Clearing Corporation with daily valuation, and provide access to private, core, commercial real estate assets that mutual funds cannot accommodate. This vehicle can also be utilized for public equity strategies.
- Heitman Real Estate Retirement Strategy: HRS allocates funds to a blend of our North American core private equity and US public equity strategies, in a CIT that offers institutional-tiered pricing. Through these complementary strategies, HRS delivers access to daily-valued private, core commercial real estate across a diversified mix of property types and geographies that are designed to generate consistent income return and outperformance.
Heitman has managed assets in separate account formats for a variety of clients for over 30 years. Our approach to these relationships is customized to meet or exceed each client’s needs and objectives. Each relationship is managed by a seasoned team of real estate investment professionals. Minimum relationship size may vary depending on a client’s return and risk objectives, in addition to the strategy and region in which it’s executed.
For detailed information on these products, please visit the Solutions page.