Senior Associate, Financial Operations & Analysis
Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with approximately $42 billion in assets under management. Heitman’s real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, Heitman’s more than 325 employees offer specialized expertise – from a specific discipline to local insight.
Our Chicago office is seeking a Senior Associate in Financial Operations & Analysis.
The responsibilities of a Senior Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Review, analyze and interpret accounting records, financial statements, footnotes or other financial reports to assess accuracy and completeness
- Lead in review and approval of complex accounting transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, and waterfall calculations
- Assist with year-end audit and address audit questions/requests
- Lead reviews of distributions, income/capital estimates, returns, NAV, and investor statements
- Communicate and interact with asset manager(s), fund administration firm and JV partners
- Review and assist in preparations of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for investors, consultants and other stakeholders including understanding financial information, performance returns and leasing
- Lead in coordination, preparation and analysis of quarterly property and debt valuations
- Prepare and review documents to ensure compliance with Investment, Joint Venture, Property Management, and Fund Administration agreements
- Review and analyze property and fund/account budgets and help prepare strategic business plans
- Prepare fund models and projections noting variances and trends
- Projects include due diligence review of real estate acquisitions and dispositions, leasehold analysis, and consultant/client questionnaires or other projects to assist Portfolio Management in maximizing investor value and best-in-class client service
- Supervise, train and mentor Associates
- Develop leadership skills by demonstrating a willingness to lead projects and offer input
- Minimum of 3 years of financial, accounting, or real estate experience
- High-performing accounting and/or finance graduate
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Deadline driven with high attention to detail
- Highly analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Experience in Argus and Yardi software is a plus
Interested professionals should apply via our website at www.heitman.com. Please make sure to select “careers” under the About tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.