Heitman is seeking 2024 Summer Interns to join our firm in departments such as Acquisitions, Asset Management, Debt, Client Service & Marketing, Financial Operations & Analysis, and Human Resources to name a few. If you are interested in joining us, please submit your resume to this general application. In order to understand your department preferences, please review the available department descriptions and select your preferred placements via the drop-down options in the application. This is a great place to start your career in real estate!
Why Join Our Internship Program?
- Explore Career Opportunities — We offer commercial real estate internship opportunities across our investment divisions and operational functions
- Intern Training – Participate in an immersive onboarding and training program designed to bring our collaborative investment process to life
- Network — Interact with senior executives and collaborate with employees across departments and regions. Start to build relationships and find mentors within Heitman that you can leverage throughout your career
- Gain Experience — Work on a wide range of live projects designed to challenge you and develop your professional skills
- Capstone Project – Collaborate with your cohort to complete a project with real world application and experience first-hand what it takes to be a successful real estate investment manager
- You are a rising Junior or Senior at a US based college/university
- Working towards a degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Business, Marketing, or other related majors
- Strong project and time management skills
- Love collaboration–working together across multiple departments
- Problem solving experience leveraging your analytical and critical thinking skills in school and/or business
- A “think outside the box” mindset –with a desire to brainstorm creative solutions in our ever-changing industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Acquisitions - Prepare pro forma cash flow projections for potential investment opportunities. Create deal summaries. Coordinate and participate in due diligence. Work collaboratively with other groups. Real Estate, Finance & Business degrees
- Asset Management - Work with income & expense forecasting, lease plans, budgets, & risk analysis. Review appraisals & valuations used for decision making. Assess current & projected property performance. Real Estate, Finance & Business degrees
- Client Service & Marketing - Assist with briefs & client pitches. Gain insights across Sales, Design, & Product divisions. Learn Heitman's global products. Improve communication & presentation skills. Marketing, Communications & Business degrees
- Debt - Support originations process by analyzing borrower, property, & market risks. Learn the asset management process & gain knowledge of senior & mezzanine loan structures within traditional & specialty assets. Real Estate, Finance & Business degrees
- Financial Operations & Analysis - Hybrid accounting/finance role. Analyze asset financials, determine cash distributions, review budget variances, conduct property valuations & calculate performance returns. Accounting & Finance degrees
- Human Resources - Learn across HR disciplines with projects in Talent Acquisition, Diversity, Compensation, and Learning & Development. Understand the broader Heitman platform through a people lens. HR, Psychology, Humanities & Business degrees
Founded in 1966, Heitman is a global real estate investment management firm. Our mission is to lead the evolution of real estate through investments that fulfill the needs of people and communities in a world of constant change. To learn more about our organization and culture, click here.
Our promise to employees:
Reflecting the spirit of our global firm, we welcome team members of all faiths, cultures, genders, sexual orientations, races, and ethnic identities. We know that each member of our team enriches our community and business with their work/life experiences, perspectives, and ideas. However you arrive at Heitman, we pledge to honor your uniqueness, include you in our culture, and do our best to help you thrive. While we learn and grow together, we will stand by our “people first” promise. Every time.
- If you are a strong fit for our internship program, one of our Recruiting team members will reach out to you for further conversation.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.