Vice President, Asset Management
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with over $44 billion in assets under management. Heitman’s real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, Heitman’s more than 325 employees offer specialized expertise – from a specific discipline to local insight.
Our Hong Kong office is seeking a Vice President who will manage a variety of assets in Hong Kong for our Private Equity business.
The responsibilities of a Vice President of Asset Management include, but are not limited to:
- Apply knowledge of how assets compete and operate by evaluating leases, occupancy, revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Identify impact of how local demographics, job growth, competition, merchandising, tenant credit worthiness, can impact the value of assets
- Plan and organize asset objectives and resources to meet asset needs and financial objectives
- Evaluate and assess investment performance against budgets and business plans
- Anticipate issues that impact the success of the assets/portfolio
- Interface regularly and manage joint venture partners, as applicable, including review or their preparation of quarterly and annual reports and financial statements
- Review recommendations from the construction team in context of asset strategy, particularly for redevelopment/development strategies
- Establish leasing strategies and oversee leasing brokers and property managers
- Monitor compliance with legal documents
- Provide exceptional client service
- Demonstrate exceptional writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Communicate regularly with firm leaders, clients and the APAC team
- Support the investment decision process, including acquisitions/dispositions on assets in the portfolio
- Lead the financing for any given acquisition or the refinancing on existing assets in the portfolio, as well as manage asset-level lender relationships
- Assist acquisition team on potential investments in the region with providing key assumptions and support in developing an investment strategy
- Support team members on ad-hoc projects as necessary
- 5 - 10 years of real estate and/or financing experience
- Possess significant knowledge of real estate investment management trends, and familiarity with investment and risk management processes
- Willingness to travel (approximately 20%)
- Ability to manage multiple parallel projects
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals across regional offices and time zones
- Experience with due diligence and closing in connection with acquisition and disposition of assets
- Demonstrate an ability to follow company’s best practices and values
- Strong financial modeling skills (ARGUS, Excel); familiarity with Yardi a plus
- Fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin or other Asian language a plus
Interested professionals should apply via our website at www.heitman.com. Please make sure to select “careers” under the About tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.