Assistant Vice President of Proposal & Content Management
Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with over $44 billion in assets under management. Heitman’s real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, Heitman’s more than 325 employees offer specialized expertise – from a specific discipline to local insight.
Our Chicago office is seeking an Assistant Vice President of Proposal and Content Management to join their growing Client Service & Marketing team. The ideal candidate will be a “player-coach” who will be responsible for both executing and running the proposal and content development process to include RFP, RFI, DDQ, and PPM creation. In addition, this role will collaborate with business leaders across the firm at various levels, to develop and deliver thought leadership and insight content for the firm.
The responsibilities of an AVP, Proposal and Content Management include, but are not limited to:
- Write, organize, edit and format responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) across all of Heitman’s products and geographic regions – including RFPs, RFIs, and DDQs
- Analyze RFP requirements in order to write, answer, coordinate, and edit proposal content
- Coordinate sales and investment teams to establish RFP timelines and balance content ownership; responsible for finalizing document with all appropriate approvals for submission
- Use existing approved content, add new content, and update/maintain integrity of existing content within Heitman's RFP database
- Responsible for leading intake and RFP assignments across team; responsible for peer review of documents
- Provide feedback and recommendations to improve processes, policies, and customer happiness
- Responsible for RFP process efficiency and tracking, analysis, and/or reporting on trends
Development of thought leadership and insights
- Write and coordinate development of various thought leadership and insight pieces
- Partner with investment teams, legal, and sales to build and edit new product content, including PPMs, fact sheets, sales and marketing collateral, etc.
- Proactively partner to identify and execute on opportunities for thought leadership content
- Develop a comprehensive suite of marketing and thought leadership pieces that can be leveraged across multiple platforms and channels to present Heitman's investment capabilities and perspectives
- Collaborate with the firm’s subject-matter experts to author articles that may be leveraged across paid, earned, owned, and direct channels
- Assist with development of commentary for quarterly reports/flash reports and other regular client communications
We are seeking individuals with the following qualifications:
- Direct experience writing, editing and preparing RFPs and thought leadership content
- Excellent academic qualifications; Bachelor’s degree required. Degrees in Communications, Journalism, or Marketing preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of direct job-related experience required. Real estate, financial services, investment or asset management, or professional services industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in real estate investment management or similar industry highly preferred
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading skills a must
- Superior project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Can work efficiently and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and within tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Must be a results-oriented self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SharePoint
- Experience working in PMAPs/RocketDocs or Qvidian preferred
Interested professionals should apply via our website at www.heitman.com. Please make sure to select “careers” under the About tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.