Our Tokyo office is seeking an Assistant Vice President to join our Acquisitions team. The ideal candidate will be a highly analytical real estate investment professional who is a self-starter and able to function autonomously as well as part of a team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Located in the Tokyo office this person will work closely with the members of the Asia-Pacific Acquisitions team. The successful candidate will support the origination of equity real estate transactions throughout the region but, specifically, focus on Japan and, to some extent, Korea.
- Lead financial analysis and modelling processes as well as compose investment memoranda which assess risks and opportunities, maximize return on investments, and optimize cash flow.
- He/she may also engage in a range of client facing responsibilities, including the marketing of funds and separate account opportunities to potential investors (jointly with the sales teams), and regular communication to clients.
- The individual will be working within a team located across the region, requiring a competency in time management and ability to adeptly interact with other professionals in Research, Asset Management and Client Services across different offices and time zones.
- University degree preferably in Finance or Economics; professional real estate qualification preferred but not required.
- Minimum 6 years real estate principal investment or origination experience. A well-documented track record of executing asset acquisitions will be essential.
- Track record of successfully structuring joint ventures.
- Experience with financial underwriting and modelling required; an understanding of senior financing and mezzanine strongly preferred.
- Business-level written and verbal proficiency in English and Japanese required. Sound investment judgement to be able to prioritize and pursue worthwhile opportunities and deliver demonstrable results.
- Reporting and memo writing abilities for new investments
- Well developed financial analysis, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong presentation skills (oral and written).
- Highly motivated and a team player.
- High level of flexibility and professional /personal maturity.
- Moderate travel required.
Founded in 1966, Heitman is a global real estate investment management firm. Our mission is to lead the evolution of real estate through investments that fulfill the needs of people and communities in a world of constant change. To learn more about our organization and culture, click here.
Our promise to employees:
Reflecting the spirit of our global firm, we welcome team members of all faiths, cultures, genders, sexual orientations, races, and ethnic identities. We know that each member of our team enriches our community and business with their work/life experiences, perspectives, and ideas. However you arrive at Heitman, we pledge to honor your uniqueness, include you in our culture, and do our best to help you thrive. While we learn and grow together, we will stand by our “people first” promise. Every time.
- Interested? Apply at www.heitman.com/careers to submit your application
- Right Company, Wrong Role? Check out our other opportunities or refer a friend!
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.