Head of Information Technology
Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with approximately $40 billion in assets under management. Heitman’s real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Los Angeles, London, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Munich, Warsaw, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Melbourne, Heitman’s more than 325 employees offer specialized expertise – from a specific discipline to local insight.
Heitman is seeking a highly talented individual to lead the Information Technology function for the firm. The candidate will serve as a key member of Heitman’s Executive Leadership Team and therefore must possess the experience and necessary traits and skills to serve effectively in this role. The position will be directly responsible for Heitman’s global IT Infrastructure, Business Intelligence, Development, Data Management and User Support teams globally. Working with the Executive Leadership team and business unit heads, the candidate will define and implement strategies that ensure that the firm’s technology and systems are able to support our business objectives. We are seeking an innovative, people-focused executive with broad, hands-on technical skills but strong leadership experience that displays the ability to form and lead a high performing team.
The responsibilities of a Head of Information Technology include, but are not limited to:
- Provide innovative insights and employ industry best practices to drive key strategies for Heitman’s information technology and systems, which include but not limited to network infrastructure, computer operations, data management, reporting and analytics platforms, hardware and software applications
- Employ new, or refine existing, strategies and processes to introduce new technology, increase automation and efficiencies, increase collaboration, and make data accessible, useful and secure throughout the organization
- Oversee the development, design, implementation, and maintenance of new applications and existing computer systems
- Champion program and project management best practices to engage the technology team, stakeholders, and end users in an effective way
- Oversee all functions within the technology team: infrastructure, support, business intelligence, security, and development globally
- Proactively offer innovative solutions and identify opportunities to optimize inefficiencies in current systems, introduce new technology as appropriate and prioritize technology projects to support evolving business needs
- Manage department budgets with a high degree of fiscal discipline
- Negotiate, review and approve technology agreements for vendors, consultants, managed service providers, and equipment through implementing and maintaining a rigorous evaluation process, which includes accountability performance metrics
- Lead internal processes and protocols for security, crisis management and business continuity; and legal issues regarding technology including GDPR
- Use all available methods and industry best practices to raise employee awareness of and protect Heitman against Cybersecurity attacks
- Lead and facilitate department-wide change management initiatives
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience overseeing and managing an IT function
- Experience managing a global IT platform
- Financial Services, Trading or Investment Management experience highly desired
- Demonstrated experience in vendor evaluation, contract negotiation and comparative financial analysis
- Able to navigate seamlessly between setting a strategy and executing/implementing
- Proven results as a business leader working on an executive team
- Proven track record of implementing and maintaining program and project management best practices
- Experience working in environments requiring innovation and keeping on top of industry best practices
- Experience working with an Enterprise Data Warehouse and system integrations, a hybrid on-premises Windows, Office 365, and Azure environment, Data Protection/Data privacy, Cybersecurity, Risk Management, and Eagle Investment Accounting (preferred) on a global scale
- Exceptional people and organizational leadership, with a track record of leading high performing teams
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and negotiating skills
- Experience leading a wide-scope of activities across the spectrum of technology
Interested professionals should apply via our website at www.heitman.com. Please make sure to select “careers” under the About tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.