We are seeking a Global Head of Marketing to establish, build, and lead a strategic, results-oriented marketing team that is forward-looking and helps drive revenue growth to achieve Heitman’s business objectives. This individual will drive all aspects of marketing for Heitman’s global business and develop a marketing strategy that accelerates Heitman’s growth, builds brand awareness, and delivers Heitman’s value proposition through a seamless end-to-end client experience.
They will lead a new multi-functional marketing team focused on brand & public relations, content creation, product marketing, marketing operations, digital marketing, and client event & campaign management. The role will be based in Chicago and will collaborate with key stakeholders globally to execute and deliver world-class marketing campaigns.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a strategic brand and marketing plan to enhance brand awareness and drive business growth.
- Define KPIs for execution of the marketing strategy; utilize data and insights to optimize the marketing strategy as required.
- Craft and execute a multi-year strategic plan that focuses on incorporating Heitman’s vision, mission, and values in our external and internal brand strategy to make our brand execution more strategic and impactful.
- Lead and oversee the development of omni-channel marketing strategies and campaigns and leverage data and technology to deliver a highly personalized marketing journey for clients and prospects in line with local market regulations. Strategies available to us may include paid media, digital, multimedia, events, and sponsorships.
- Define and track against the marketing budget and manage agency relationships.
- Drive development of content, thought leadership, and collateral to meet brand objectives and optimize the use of that content through all collateral and channels.
- Stay current on industry trends and competitors’ strategies and messaging.
- Deliver marketing operational excellence and drive improvement of marketing processes & technological capabilities, including our digital assets, to deliver a world-class experience across the client lifecycle (e.g., Web, Client Portal, Salesforce Pardot, etc.)
- Lead all internal and external corporate communications projects, working alongside internal partners, and oversee the annual coordination of internal employee and external client events.
- Partner with Legal & Compliance as well as the Head of Client Operations to enhance our collateral review process and ensure all materials are produced in line with global regulations.
- Build and manage a leading marketing team.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 10 - 15+ years of experience in global marketing roles within the asset management industry, with a proven track record of success in building brands, generating leads, and supporting fundraising and AUM growth
- Strong understanding of the alternatives and/or real estate asset class and its drivers of performance
- Excellent communication and writing skills, with a track record of developing compelling marketing materials and thought leadership content
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Experience with agile methodology is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to engage and collaborate with diverse stakeholders at all levels of the organization and drive consensus
- Experience managing digital marketing channels, including website, social media, email marketing, and other digital channels. Experience with Salesforce, Pardot, and Accent is a plus
- Knowledge of web products (e.g., google analytics, content management systems, search engine optimization) and also of AI is a plus
- Deep knowledge and regulatory experience of institutional, intermediary and high net worth channels across multiple geographies, including North America, Europe, and Asia is a plus
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to build and lead a team of marketing professionals
- Willingness to travel
Founded in 1966, Heitman is a global real estate investment management firm. Our mission is to lead the evolution of real estate through investments that fulfill the needs of people and communities in a world of constant change. To learn more about our organization and culture, click here.
Our promise to employees:
Reflecting the spirit of our global firm, we welcome team members of all faiths, cultures, genders, sexual orientations, races, and ethnic identities. We know that each member of our team enriches our community and business with their work/life experiences, perspectives, and ideas. However you arrive at Heitman, we pledge to honor your uniqueness, include you in our culture, and do our best to help you thrive. While we learn and grow together, we will stand by our “people first” promise. Every time.
- Interested? Apply at www.heitman.com/careers to submit your application
- Right Company, Wrong Role? Check out our other opportunities or refer a friend!
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.