Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with approximately $44 billion in assets under management. Heitman’s real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, Heitman’s more than 325 employees offer specialized expertise – from a specific discipline to local insight.
Heitman is in search of a Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis to join their Corporate Finance team. The role is responsible for overseeing Heitman’s budgeting, planning, forecasting, strategic business assessments, and ongoing financial reporting and analysis. They will manage the decision support and financial analysis efforts for business units, providing the financial modeling, rationale, risks, and budget implications plus cost/value assessment that supports Heitman’s business decisions.
The responsibilities of a Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the end-to-end development of budgets, strategic business plans, revenue/expense forecasts, capital projections, and monthly tracking of actual results, which includes:
- Developing budgets, monthly reforecasts, and all supporting financial analysis including managing monthly reporting, monitoring, and financial variance explanations.
- Supporting the development of governance financial materials and providing the business rationale that supports financial information.
- Develops, maintains, and fosters communications to multi-department management and staff, which includes:
- Facilitating monthly review sessions with key stakeholders to ensure integrity of all financial reporting and identification of financial risks and uncertainties.
- Providing analytical reports so they fully understand the business units’ year-to-date results, monthly trends, annual budget submissions, and recurring forecasts.
- Provides financial consulting on key strategic initiatives and priorities to help the business units stay focused on achieving their strategic goals by:
- Validating all cross-functional charges and allocations to align with the business direction and scope.
- Ensuring staffing priorities are in-line with changing business priorities, through rigorous resource tracking, reporting, forecasting, and monitoring.
- Advises and creates business-driven financial analyses, ensuring alignment with business strategies, priorities, and financial requirements, including:
- Modeling the viability of new business efforts to include cost-benefit analyses, revenue alternatives, and costing scenarios based on the business leaders’ strategic direction and input.
- Short and long term financial planning, including all investment products by building and analyzing multiple financial scenarios based on business and market assumptions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience, with progressive responsibility within a Finance or FP&A environment.
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Previous experience using financial/accounting systems.
- Experience managing several concurrent projects.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerBI.
- Excellent communicator with strong writing skills.
- Well-organized, detail oriented and deadline driven.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and handle ambiguity.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced team setting.
- Certified Corporate FP&A Professional credential a plus.
Interested professionals should apply via our website at www.heitman.com. Please make sure to select “careers” under the About tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.