Client Portfolio Manager, Public Real Estate Securities
The Client Portfolio Manager (CPM) position will report to the Senior Managing Director of Heitman Real Estate Securities (HRES), and work closely with the senior leadership of Client Service & Marketing Team. The CPM will meet with clients, consultants, and prospects to explain the investment philosophy, process, and performance of specific investment products and provide updates on trends in the overall capital markets and Heitman’s outlook on the real estate markets and the economy. The CPM will be integral to retaining existing clients and supporting new business efforts. The CPM will represent the firm’s capabilities throughout the procurement process from beginning to end.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in investment strategy meetings with portfolio managers on a regular basis to develop an in-depth understanding of the various investment processes, the CPM will not have a vote on investment decisions.
- Develop deep knowledge and understanding of the full suite of listed market products. This includes understanding each of the holdings in each respective portfolio, reasons for current and historic portfolio activity (why securities were bought and sold), and the various investment tools used to manage the product, including risk models, dividend discount models, quantitative models, etc.
- Work in partnership with Client Service and Marketing to proactively supply relevant tactical information to sales personnel and collaborate to provide an exceptional client experience.
- Effectively communicate the value investment style, products, and performance to prospective clients as a proxy for the investment management team.
- Work proactively with the client facing teams to educate/inform/update investment consultants, clients and prospects on HRES’s suite of capabilities and products.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of key competition and the competitive environment; Contribute to the provision of high-quality information.
- Drive and facilitate thought leadership to build the HRES brand, develop trust with prospects and clients and secure new capital for the firm.
- Serve as a product champion and provide feedback from the marketplace on a variety of issues including ideas to build the brand, g marketplace pricing, topics for white papers, and other insights on how to position the product suite and business competitively.
- Coordinate with Client Service & Marketing to establish meeting agendas and identify materials necessary for all presentations and work with marketing to determine path forward on follow-up materials.
- Author quarterly commentary and performance updates and coordinate with Client Service & Marketing on reporting to ensure quality, timeliness, and effectiveness of the client communication.
- Assist with the internal sales process, including developing responses to RFP questions (there is an RFP team in place to support the effort) and participating in on-site due diligence meetings with consultants and prospective clients.
- Minimum of 7 years investment industry experience
- Prior experience in marketing to the institutional community and investment consultants.
- Knowledge of international capital markets, listed real estate and/or real asset strategies.
- Willingness and ability to travel ~ 50%
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstration of written material (client letters, white papers, research outlooks).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the desire to work cross-functionally.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to explain and discuss nuanced investment products and strategy.
- Strong academic background including an advanced degree such as an MBA or CFA professional certification is preferred, but not required.
Prior experience may include but is not limited to: institutional sales, product associate, investment strategist, portfolio manager, analyst., etc.
Founded in 1966, Heitman is a global real estate investment management firm. Our mission is to lead the evolution of real estate through investments that fulfill the needs of people and communities in a world of constant change. To learn more about our organization and culture, click here.
Our promise to employees:
Reflecting the spirit of our global firm, we welcome team members of all faiths, cultures, genders, sexual orientations, races, and ethnic identities. We know that each member of our team enriches our community and business with their work/life experiences, perspectives, and ideas. However you arrive at Heitman, we pledge to honor your uniqueness, include you in our culture, and do our best to help you thrive. While we learn and grow together, we will stand by our “people first” promise. Every time.
- Interested? Apply at www.heitman.com/careers to submit your application.
- Right Company, Wrong Role? Check out our other opportunities or refer a friend!
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.