Valuations Senior Associate, Financial Operations & Analysis
Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with over $44 billion in assets under management. Heitman’s real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, Heitman’s more than 325 employees offer specialized expertise – from a specific discipline to local insight.
Our Chicago office is seeking a Valuations Senior Associate to join their growing Financial Operations & Analysis team!
The responsibilities of a Valuations Senior Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Work with asset management, research, acquisition teams and third party vendors to prepare and analyze quarterly property and debt valuations
- Assist in driving broader fund initiatives within the valuation space, including automation, Argus standards, valuation standards, training, and other initiatives to be determined
- Calculate discounted cash flows, yields, distributions, income/capital estimates, net asset values, and returns (including time-weighted returns and IRRs) to prepare fund models and projections
- Compile and analyze investment budgets and business plans with the asset management team
- Liaise between fund administration, asset management, joint venture partners, and fund clients
- Utilize Argus, Yardi, Power BI, and other tools to complete analytical and research tasks
- Supervise, train, and mentor other team members
- Exhibit knowledge of economic trends, accounting principles, financial markets, and the analysis/reporting of financial performance data
- Participate and learn to drive broader finance activities, including the following:
- Review and approval of complex accounting transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, and waterfall calculations
- Lead in review of financial statements, supporting schedules, and related footnotes
- Assist with year-end audit and address valuation-related audit questions/requests
- Lead and manage numerous projects, coordinating with numerous stakeholders and team members to drive results
- Demonstrate initiative by leading ad hoc projects and analyses
- Assist in the development of tech-enabled tools that will increase efficiencies, provide insights, and provide value across the real estate lifecycle
We are seeking individuals with the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant real estate valuation experience
- Argus experience is required
- Accounting, finance, and/or real estate graduate
- Experience with data visualization software (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.), business planning software (Anaplan and similar) and robotic process automation (“RPA”) software is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage requests from multiple business partners under tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Interested professionals should apply via our website at www.heitman.com. Please make sure to select “careers” under the About tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.