Founded in 1966, Heitman is a premier global real estate investment management firm with over $50 billion in assets under management. Heitman has three main business lines: direct real estate investment; the origination and servicing of debt secured by real estate and investments in publicly traded securities, including REITs, REOCs and other real estate companies. The Firm offers investment products and services across the risk/return spectrum, within each category.
Heitman is proud to be employee owned, and the firm’s real estate solutions are directed by some of the most experienced and innovative professionals in the industry. Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Luxembourg, Melbourne, New York, Seoul and Tokyo, Heitman has 350 employees who offer specialized expertise — from a specific discipline to local insight.
Our London office is seeking a Senior Associate to join our European Capital Markets team. We are looking for a self-starter, who is highly collaborative, organized, analytical and has strong technical and communication skills.
The responsibilities of a Senior Associate include, but are not limited to:
• Work closely with the Head of European Capital Markets on all aspects of financing activity for clients of the European Private Equity group.
• Experience with fixed and floating rate mortgage financing, lines of credit, repurchase facilities and/or note finance are desirable.
• Help to maintain existing and develop new lender relationships to support acquisition activity for the European Private Equity group.
• Assemble information from Acquisitions and Asset Management to prepare loan requests for distribution to lenders.
• Organize, answer and communicate responses to lender questions during loan sourcing.
• Assemble and evaluate loan quotes, prepare comparative matrix of terms and communicate recommended financing choice.
• Take ownership of loan closing process, working with Acquisitions, joint Venture Partners, Portfolio Management, and legal teams.
• Working with the Head of European Capital Markets and external counsel, review loan documents for compliance and consistency with term sheets.
• BA in business or related field
• Demonstrated experience in real estate finance or equity investment analysis
• 3-5 years prior experience with a lender or debt broker preferred
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills including Argus and Excel modeling preferable
• Solid working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, PDF and PowerPoint applications
• Must be a self-starter and self-motivated and have strong multi-tasking skills
• Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and able to work with limited supervision
Interested professionals should apply via our website at www.heitman.com. Please make sure to select “careers” under the About tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.